Campus Urbanism: Connecting Knowledge and Cities
- Speaker. Forum48. Invited speaker and roundtable participant. “Space, Place and the Future of Learning.” Read More.
- Organizer and Speaker. New Directions in Campus Urbanism. Colloquium. Read More.
- Initiator and Moderator. Glass House Conversation. Ray Gastil hosts a conversation on the future of universities and cities at the iconic (and virtual) Glass House: “Is there an emerging type of campus design that can both represent and embody and urbanism of opportunity and innovation?” Read More.
Urban Waterfronts: Design and Regeneration
- Principal author. Success Looks Different Now: Design and Cultural Vitality in Lower Manhattan (Architectural League). Report addressing the question of how design and planning are responding to new directions in visual and performing arts, given the change in audience, change in public space, and change in the arts. Is the traditional performing arts center still viable? Read More.
- City Planner/Urban Designer. Seattle Blue and Green. Design and Planning Proposal. Living Building Community Choice Award. International Sustainability Institute Team. Read More.
- City Planner/Manager. Planning Director, Seattle.
- City Planner/Manager. Manhattan Office Director, NYC Department of City Planning.
- Beyond the Edge. Author. Addressing the role of design in the future of New York’s waterfront in a global context. Read More.
Urban Design, Public Space, and Revitalization
- Author. Prospect Parks: walking the Promenade Planteé and the High Line. Why the High Line is still relevant. Read More.
- Competition Advisor. Urban Intervention Design Competition. See Finalists Videos and Jury Statement.
- Exhibition and Publication Director. OPEN: New Directions for Public Space. Ray Gastil directed the exhibition and catalogue for a exhibition and catalogue on the direction of public space. Read More.
- Design Competition Director. TKTS Booth Design Competition. Read More.